Understanding Your Web Presence Needs
Here’s a few questions to ask yourself to help you determine how to build an affordable website:
1. What’s the budget? Do you go shopping for a car without knowing what you can spend? No. So it’s also important to know what you can spend when it comes to building an online presence. This will help you determine who’s the right designer for you and allow you to negotiate service depending on their experience and knowledge.
2. Are you looking to get your company online the cheap or affordable way? If you are looking for a website built cheap, you probably won’t get far squeezing a deal from a larger design firm. In this case, an amateur may be your best bet. But beware when working with an amateur as it may involve poor communication, lower quality work and a lack of support when it comes to maintaining your site.
Doing it the affordable way offers you an opportunity to work with professionals who have experience with good web design and development planning. Remember, if you think a professional is expensive, wait ’til you hire an amateur.
3. Do you want to establish a consistent brand across your various online channels and marketing materials?If you do, it’s important to consider a budget to brand all promotional materials such as business, cards, rack cards, postcards, Twitter and Facebook to match your pretty new website. It’s also a bonus to consider working with a designer or firm that has experience creating cohesive branding across various mediums.
Actually understands all of these needs. We know you want a beautiful website that is detail oriented, communicates brilliant copy, is built to to be responsive to mobile devices AND is affordable. No worries! We’ve got you covered with affordable web solutions for your web presence needs with our Web Presence Communication Design Packages.
Let’s Talk Money
The Cost of a Basic Website
Awhile back I wrote an article about How to Build a Basic Website and this article gives a deeper look into what costs are associated with developing a basic website.
To start you’ll need to purchase a domain and hosting package. If you’re not sure how to go about this we can help you select the right hosting package and get you a custom URL for your website. Don’t fret if the domain you want to purchase is in use. We’re full of crafty ideas to help you get a unique domain that suits your brand.
Once you’ve established a domain and hosting package, your website can go two routes:
1. You could build a static HTML website for your web presence or;
2. You could use a content management system like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla.
We’re huge advocates of WordPress because it’s super user friendly, with loads of online resources to help troubleshoot if trouble presents itself. It’s also very flexible and gives you complete control of your website allowing you to manage it yourself. If WordPress sounds a bit scary to you, you can always hire one of the many web developers out there to take care of everything for you too – or us of course!
Considering Your Options
The Perks of Using WordPress
1. It will be easy for you to maintain a website with a bit of training. I firmly believe if you know how to use Office Word, you definitely can manage updates to a WordPress site without developer knowledge. Remember, WordPress is built for you.
2. Premium WordPress themes are an inexpensive way to get you started with an affordable (not cheap) web solution. Whether it’s simply creating a presence to get your company motto, philosophy, gallery or product photos out there, or simply to outline services or products, we can help get you started. Your website is an opportunity to start selling and build up your credibility in your neighbourhood. Once you’ve generated some web traffic and turned those visitors into sales, you can put a percentage of those sales towards your custom website redesign. How awesome does that sound?
3. Premium WordPress themes are fantastic because they’ve been tested, tested and tested. Plus there’s lots of Q&A and FAQ forums to help find answers to your questions. A Premium WordPress theme also means you gain access to free support.
The Disadvantages of Using WordPress
Well there isn’t any really! With so many resources online and free plugins for WordPress, the possibilities are endless. If you’re interested in reading more about why WordPress is awesome check out this article. With so many advantages, it’s no wonder WordPress rules the web!
FYI – If a premium theme is too costly for your startup budget, you can look for a free WordPress theme. Although I highly recommend you do some research before installing free themes, as the theme could contain viruses.
Premium Themes vs Custom Theme
There’s really no comparison to a custom developed website, that is if you have the coin to back up the design, development and quality assurance testing. If you don’t, there’s nothing wrong with charging a premium theme to your credit card to get your web presence started. Oh and hey, we’re here to help make the decision that suits your business.
We’re Here To Help!
Actually We Care About Your Web Presence
We’d love to help you get your web presence started and we’re aware of the cost – we’ve been there! We want to hear your story, and help you build your marketing communications strategy and build web packages to help get your vision started.
If you’d like to take a peek for yourself download the Web Communication Package PDF.
So how does that sound? Let us know what you think and don’t forget to tell us about yourself! Leave your comments below.