For a busy entrepreneur, this can be hard to hear – a stand-alone website just isn’t going to cut it. It’s now the hub of a network of information about your business that exemplifies your brand and expertise to those in search of a product or solution.
Don’t get us wrong – your website is an important piece of your overall web presence. You need a 24/7 site that will help you sell products and services around the clock and around the world. And its importance can be felt at home as well. This is due to the fact that more people use the Internet to find what their looking for in their neighborhoods. It doesn’t matter if you’re global or local – your entire web presence necessary tool to keep pace with your competition, near and far.
There are many reasons why small businesses, no matter what their size, can benefit from a strong web presence. Here are our top five:
1. Reach: The web works on a global level. For your business, that means reaching beyond the confines of your neighbourhood and delving into remote recesses of the globe. Even if you’re located in Toronto, your customers can be in Australia, China or Germany. With a strong web presence, you’re able to connect with these customers in a way you never would have before.
2. Visibility: Before customers spend their hard earned money on a product or service, they need to research it. More and more people are turning to the Internet to learn about products and services they’re interested in and what other people are saying about brands and companies. You want to make sure that when these people are logging on to research, your small business is being found.
3. Customer service: Is there a question or concern that a customer has about what you’re selling? If so, you want them to tell you about it ASAP. This information should be included on your website, so customers can easily find the information they want, when they want it.
4. Credibility: If you want people to take your business seriously, you need to have a complete, easy-to-navigate site. It’s an online business card that you can point customers, partners, potential employees or investors to when they need a reference.
5. Competition: Blow your competition out of the water and play with the big boys – a well-maintained and set up WordPress website allows your small business to get into the game and go head-to-head with others in your industry. By staying relevant with a strong web presence, you’re ensuring that your competition won’t get the jump on you when it comes to SEO and taking your potential customers.
If you’re looking to take your small business’s web presence to the next level, make sure you sign up for our Building Your Web Presence workshop.