We’ve assembled the top 10 things we love about social media. And we think these tokens of our affection are much more practical than a box of chocolates (and fewer calories too).
- You can talk directly to your target audience and consumers to learn what they want.
- You can drive customers to your website.
- It puts you in touch with people who may never have found your site and services on their own.
- You can receive instant feedback about your product or service, which enables you to improve and provide a better experience for your clients.
- You can find out the trending topics before they hit the newspapers or the television and write about them on your social media account – you’ll be seen as a news trender!
- You can share your passion with the world on your blog and turn it into a business.
- You can put a human face on your business by posting pictures of yourself. You’re proving that even though you are an expert, you want to connect on a personal level with your audience.
- The networking opportunities offered by social media mean that you have experts available at your fingertips – perfect for guest posts, interviews and quotes.
- It gives you a chance to comment on other sites and link back to your blog or website, which generates plenty of link love.
- It’s free! We love free!
There are so many reasons to bend down on one knee and ask social media to marry you. Okay, maybe we’ve gone a little too far with that one. But we’d love to hear why you love social media. Leave your love notes in the comments section below (make sure they’re PG – we run a clean site here!).