At Digital Giants, we often work with designers like Actually, to bring together the beauty of design with the functionality of a high-performing, content driven, optimized website. If you focus on one and not the other, it’s like going on a date with a great looking person, but discovering they have zero personality. Don’t put your potential customers in the same awkward position!
We’ve rounded up a list of the must-haves for your website that go beyond just looks:
- Dive into Google analytics of your current site to find out:
- How people are coming to your website?
- Where they are coming from?
- How long they are staying there?
- Does my site draw new visitors and bring back others?
- How many pages do they visit, and at what page do they decide to leave?
- The next step should be to test the functionality. Visitors want to find what they’re looking for and they want to find it fast. Keep in mind that links need to work and your website loading time needs to be fast.
- While having a professional site is important to succeed online, don’t forget to invest in your content. Fresh and relevant content with the right keywords will lead to search visibility and possibly the next steps toward consideration and purchase. But remember: don’t overcrowd your site with too much information, provide the facts and then your audience will be prompted to get in touch with you for more information.
- Now take a look at the objectives of your site – what do you want visitors to do? It is not enough that your audience find your products and services on your site, you must propel prospects on the pathway to becoming your customer. A call to action clearly tells visitors what you want them to do. For example, if you prominently feature buying options or your contact details in your content you will see an increase in purchase and people contacting you.
Armed with this knowledge, and a good web designer, you are on the right path to a website that will generate leads for your business. Finding the sweet spot between looking good and functioning well is key. This is how you will turn visitors into customers.
Here are just a couple of examples of beautifully designed websites with high-performing functionality that Digital Giants and Actually have collaborated on for clients.