- Always write with a “you” in mind. So what does this mean? It’s like you are writing directly to the reader. Adding in the word “you” makes it extremely personal, making that post all about the reader. It’s like you’re having a direct and intimate conversation with them that’s all about them.
- Give your readers all the information they will need to understand the meaning of your blog post. They shouldn’t have to search the Internet to find out what the hell you’re talking about. If additional info is needed that you’ve covered before, it’s a great opportunity to link to your past articles.
- You don’t have to get overly complicated, so keep it simple. Stick to posts that will bring in readers, like a how-to post. They are perfect posts that get to the basics of what your readers what to learn. Plus, they are great evergreen content pieces that never go out of style.
- Start a conversation. Your readers have options, so every once in a while, be sure to ask them what they are. Or just ask some questions – the answers may surprise you. The point is to make your post a conversation starter and keep that conversation going long after you hit the “publish” button.
- Start with a great headline and keep the momentum going from there. Remember to use some industry important SEO keywords and follow up on promises with killer content. That first sentence following the headline can make or break a post, so don’t slack off after you’ve come up with a brilliant title.
- Show off your expert status. You know what you’re talking about, so make sure that shines through in your blog post. Back up what you have to say with facts or interviews with other industry experts. If you want to be taken seriously and want people to keep coming back for more, you have to know what you’re talking about.
- Show your readers some love. You should care about your readers. You want them to know that you care about them by giving them the best possible information and advice you can.
Did we miss anything? If there’s something you find important to writing an awesome blog post, please share your tip in the comments section below.