Along with perseverance and publishing consistency, there are other ways to get your blog to the top of your audiences’ favourites list. We’ve complied 5 ways to help your blog stand out in your niche.
- What is your blog’s purpose? Know your goals – is it to make money, raise awareness, promote your business? There is no wrong answer. Just be honest about what you want your blog to achieve. It will help you set goals, keep your blog on track and attract the right audience.
- Identifying a micro-niche. This is a topic within a topic. The benefit of a micro-niche is that you can really target a specific audience to go after. These are the peeps that want specifically what you’re offering. Let’s just say you want to start a cat-related business. You can target specific cat breeds or health concerns.
- Get to know the SEO basics. Yes, we know that SEO is a big and scary monster. You don’t have to be super SEO guy. You just need to familiarize yourself with the basics. Use the Google Keyword Tool to target relevant keywords in your niche and use them in your content. And don’t forget to link back to older articles that you’ve written. Every little bit of SEO helps out your blog.
- It’s all about quality content. Okay, we know, you’ve heard that from us a lot. But that’s because it’s so darn important. Remember to write for your reader, not for yourself. And put it out there consistently. And if you don’t have an editorial calendar yet, get on it!
- You know what all those other blogs don’t have? You! And you’re awesome! No one has the same take on your niche quite like you do. Be true to yourself, write in your unique voice and the audience will come to hear you speak.
What ways have you used to stand out in your industry niche? We’d like to hear them. Just leave your ideas in the comment section below.